Earn and Save with PV solar panels
Solar energy is a rewarding investment, giving you free electricity, regular feed-in-tariff payments, and a great feeling of 'doing the right thing'. Installing solar panels means you can:
Monitor the power you generate and use see financial savings on PC, smart phone and tablet
Be in control protect yourself from rising energy bills
Improve energy efficiency generate around 60% of your annual electricity use
Reduce your electricity bills by up to 50%, or more if you use all the energy you generate
Get paid the solar feed-in-tariff subsidy
Feed-in-tariffs (FITs) are payments made to homeowners for the solar electricity they generate.
The feed-in-tariff has two elements. A Generation Payment of 4.11p* per kWh for ALL the energy you generate, and an Export Payment of 4.91p per unit for energy exported back to the grid.
In order to receive feed-in-tariff payments, your PV solar installation must be installed by an MCS (microgeneration certification scheme) accredited installer, which we are, using MCS certified parts.
- You are PAID FOR ALL the electricity you generate, regardless of how much you use.
- You pay NO TAX on the money you earn from feed in tariff payments.
- Feed in tariff payments are INDEXED LINKED TO RISE in line with inflation.
- Feed in tariff payments are PAID FOR 20 YEARS from the date your installation is registered.
- The RETURN ON YOUR INVESTMENT is around 5 - 6% per year (see example below).
- It FEELS GREAT to put the washing machine on and wash your laundry with the power of the sun, for free!
*NOTE: this rate applies to customers who apply to join the FIT scheme between 1 January 2017 and 31 March 2017. FIT rates for new entrants falls every 3 months by 2-3%.
Typical solar PV installation in Newbury, West Berks
A 16 panel PV system (4kW), on a south facing, 38 degree sloping roof with no shade, in Newbury would produce approximately 3434 kWh of electricity each year.
|Feed in tariff Generation payment||
3434 kWh generated per year x 4.11p per unit
|Feed in tariff Export payment||
Assumes you export 50% of the energy generated,
|Saving on current electricity bill||
Assumes you use 50% of the energy generated
Total payments and savings in year 1
Example system cost £7,000
Return on investment 6%